MX64 Home Office Installation By Non Technical User

DFWGuy
Comes here often

MX64 Home Office Installation By Non Technical User

Greetings.  As the subject line indicates, I am a non-technical User who intends to install/use a MX64 in my home office.  I am an entrepreneur and operate two companies from home and I value internet security.  I also have a TrendMicro AP that I plan to use to add a WiFi functionality.  

My reason for posting is to ask about any best practices that I should utilize in my home office installation.  I believe that the Meraki MX64 is a plug/play installation but likely is not quite so simple.  I there a community post that is helpful for a non-technical administrator, like me, that might assist me to execute a bullet-proof install?

Thanks in advance.  Happy New Year.

6 REPLIES 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

if you want more security you at least need the advanced security license.

meraki has documentation and example where you can read a lot

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

most security is easy to setup using a few clicks. 

DFWGuy
Comes here often

thank you for the input.

i have purchased a three year, advanced security license.
ph0t0g
Getting noticed

If you just want to get up and running with a minimal or reading, try this document.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/MX_Quick_Start

Once you are logged into the dashboard, you can use the best-practice documentation above to configure specific features, like VPN or setting up security. And, of course, if you get stuck, you can post your problem in one of these forums.

Good luck.

Peter

DFWGuy
Comes here often

thank you for the input, and forward offer for assistance.
DFWGuy
Comes here often

I think that i am going to grab one of the MX64W models that I had for a clinic location and use it in my home office. That will save me dealing with the WiFi AP device set-up which is a layer for me.

I know that the MX64W is largely a plug/play device and I have been into the dashboard, etc already.

wey2go
Getting noticed

@DFWGuy wrote:

I think that i am going to grab one of the MX64W models that I had for a clinic location and use it in my home office. That will save me dealing with the WiFi AP device set-up which is a layer for me.

I know that the MX64W is largely a plug/play device and I have been into the dashboard, etc already.

MX64W is ideal for small businesses or home office such as a clinic. But note that if you need to add additional APs to the network, the SSIDs and other WiFi settings are separate from the MX64W.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels