MX600 WAN Throughput

ckwv3
Comes here often

MX600 WAN Throughput

Can the MX600 handle 2x1Gb Internet circuits from the same ISP?  I wanted to scope out these two scenarios:

1.  Client needs 2Gb Internet bandwidth.  Can you configure 1 x MX600 in this scenario?

2. Client needs 4Gb Internet bandwidth.  Can you configure 2 x MX600 in this scenario?

Thanks

6 Replies 6
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Have a look at the Sizing Guide Whitepaper. Sorry, ignore this!

Just noticed that the sizing guide, despite being recently updated, does not have the full current MX range, and omits the 250 and 450

@MerakiDave does a product/documentation manager need prodding?

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@Uberseehandel I think marketing handles the whitepaper, but perhaps @CameronMoody knows who exactly. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
ckwv3
Comes here often

I wanted to see the scalability of the MX600.  Can it handle a 2x1Gb Internet circuit from the same ISP?  Can it scale to 10Gb fiber Internet circuit?

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@ckwv3 The sizing guide is valid for the MX600, so take a look at that. The MX600 is officially rated for 1Gb of throughput however. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

@MRCUR @Uberseehandel Yes, it does need to be updated. We are working on an update to that sizing guide and it will be released shortly. 

Cameron Moody | Product Manager, Cisco Meraki
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

If this is a new install, you'd be better off with the MX250 or MX450 as those are the new MX platform. The MX450 is higher performance than the MX600 and rated for up to 6Gbps. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels