MX450 VLANs and Single LAN

Solved
WOM
Comes here often

MX450 VLANs and Single LAN

Hi,

I have configured two VLANs in MX450. One VLAN is not being used and has been disabled. I would like to clean up the unused VLAN.
Is it preferable to change it to a Single VLAN or should we delete the unused VLAN entirely? Additionally, any potential consequences of changing to a Single VLAN and whether any additional configuration is required.

Thank you.
WM

1 Accepted Solution
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it's not needed anymore, I'd also recommend to completely delete the Vlan. I don't see an advantage in switching back to "Single Vlan"-mode though. Especially when dealing with boxes as big as the MX450, chances are high that there will be a requirement for more than one Vlan sooner or later.

P.S.: There will be no outages for either of the options (at least from the outside point of view).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it's not needed anymore, I'd also recommend to completely delete the Vlan. I don't see an advantage in switching back to "Single Vlan"-mode though. Especially when dealing with boxes as big as the MX450, chances are high that there will be a requirement for more than one Vlan sooner or later.

P.S.: There will be no outages for either of the options (at least from the outside point of view).

WOM
Comes here often

Thank you for your useful information.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels