MX450 Site2Site VPN throughput issue

VinoyMohan
Getting noticed

MX450 Site2Site VPN throughput issue

I have been facing almost similar throughput issue with MX450 release version 16.16 in 2 sites that is geographically separated.  This started since July13th and we don't see any kind of packet loss or jitter in the path, but the throughput is very less around 100Mbps(1Gbps line speed)

But when we check the dashboard throughput , it is around 600Mbps. More over when we use a proxy , the speed is decreasing from 100Mbps to 1 Mbps. Anyone facing the similar issues?

8 Replies 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

16.16.4 is the current release.  Have you tried that?

Not yet Philip. One of the site has been upgraded to 16.16.3 and it didn't really work. Even the Meraki support team is out of options now to resolve this. So they are asking for lot of iperf results to get deeper into it.

Armelin
Here to help

Downgrade the Firmware to 15.44 - for doing that you will need to open a case to Meraki Support.
All the firmware 16.x and 17.x can still cause High Resource Utilization and degradation of the VPN Throughput. So, they are not stable as 15.44. 

Hello Armelin,

Thanks for your response. But i have downgraded one of the site to 15.44.3 and still have the same issues.

Hi VinoyMohan,
I had the same issue with MX450 and the best firmware version is 15.44 (15.44.3 is an updated firmware which I don´t suggest). Try to downgrade to 15.44 (not to something like 15.44.x).

Thanks Armelin. Sure, let me give it a try and let you know.

Hello Armelin, Even the downgrade to 15.44 didn't really help to get the proper throughput. Really out of options now 😞

Have you checked in the Summary Report the Device Utilization of this MX? And regarding this VPN Throughput, is it between two MX450 or different appliances? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels