MX250 Support SFP 10GB-ZR

Noa-M
Here to help

MX250 Support SFP 10GB-ZR

We need a SFP 10GB-ZR Optics to connect to our ISP that is located outside of the range of LR SFP. Is this not supported by Meraki MX250 and if not what model does support this? I've only found which SFP/SFP+ modules are supported from MS switches. 

Noa 

6 REPLIES 6
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

According to Meraki's SFP Datasheet, it is supported (bottom of the first page)

meraki_datasheet_sfp.pdf (cisco.com)

Brash_0-1637700392723.png

We're trying to use a Cisco brand 10G-ZR and I just heard back from it is not supported. It is a bit frustrating but a least I know. Thanks

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Noa-M does it not work, it should do, even if it technically is not supported...

Noa-M
Here to help

It works on other Cisco equipment we have but not the Meraki MX250. Even the Cisco equipment goes Err-disabled but works after resetting the port. That doesn't work on the MX250. I've tried to reset the port on the Uplink page and the wired.meraki.com local admin page. The Link Negotiation doesn't have an option for the ZR either. I'm open to try anything else.  Meraki-Ethernet-10GB-settings-112321.png

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You won't find an official document as it's 'technically' not supported, but generally speaking Cisco SFP's will work.

We have a lot of other Cisco brand SFPs we use with Meraki but this particular module Cisco SFP-10GB-ZR does not. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels