MX250/MS250 replacing SonicWALL NSA E5500/Dell PC6248 - No Internet

SOLVED
DunJer622
Building a reputation

MX250/MS250 replacing SonicWALL NSA E5500/Dell PC6248 - No Internet

Greetings,

I'm in round 2 of an attempt to replace old equipment with Meraki.  The main issue I'm seeing now is that LAN devices are not accessing the Internet.  We have Windows Servers serving as DHCP and DNS.  Nothing has changed with those servers and they are accessible.  Devices with static info do not connect, either.  If I enable DHCP on the MX250, then that network gets Internet.  I don't see anything in the event logs.  Is something cached somewhere?  Any ideas of where to look first?

I appreciate any assistance.

Thank you,

Jeremy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm missing the default route pointing to 192.168.1.2. Could it be the screenshot incomplete?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I'd start with the path clients take towards the internet. Use ping and tracert to see where they get blocked.

DunJer622
Building a reputation

There is no DNS resolution and a tracert to 8.8.8.8 hits the switch and then fails after that.  Why would the switch be blocking anything?  Going to check my Interface settings, but there doesn't seem much that should come into play.

Thanks,

Jeremy

What does your topology look like?

Client - Switch - MX - Wan-router?

Is the switch in L3 mode?

DunJer622
Building a reputation

WAN routers - MX250 - MS250 - Client

MS250 is in L3 mode

Can you post a screenshot of Switch > Configure > Layer 3 routing

DunJer622
Building a reputation

A bit more...

The MX250 uplink port (trunk) is our Meraki Management VLAN (1) as native, while the server, phone, and workstation VLANs (10, 59-60, 202) are allowed.

The MS250 uplink port (trunk) is configured the same.

DunJer622
Building a reputation

L3 Interfaces.jpg

DunJer622
Building a reputation

MS250 is 192.168.1.1, MX250 is 192.168.1.2

I'm missing the default route pointing to 192.168.1.2. Could it be the screenshot incomplete?

DunJer622
Building a reputation

Found an issue...  Had 0.0.0.0 point to 192.168.1.1.  Changed it to 192.168.1.2.

DunJer622
Building a reputation

Heh.  Just got your message.  You got me looking at the right place.  Going to do more testing now.

DunJer622
Building a reputation

Internet appears to be working fine.  NATing appears to be an issue, though.  It is odd, though.  My Exchange email appears to be flowing correctly, but Nothing else relying on NAT is connecting.  Researching that now.

Could you elaborate on what you mean with "NATing" appears to be an issue. Are we talking about outgoing NAT or incoming NAT (port forwarding/1-to-1 NAT)? Can you give a couple of examples of applications experiencing issues?

DunJer622
Building a reputation

Was an issue with ISP.  I'm assuming caching.  Upon router power-cycle, everything began responding.

Good to hear!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels