MX250 FIPS140-2

Solved
MelissaJL
Here to help

MX250 FIPS140-2

We recently purchased a Meraki MX250.  Not cheap!  Now, the state is telling us that we are not compliant because it is not FIPS140-2 certified.  I have been reading for 2-1/2 years now that the MX250 was going to become certified.  We are now in 2021 and nothing Meraki appears on the certified list.  When will this happen, or do I have to get rid of MX250 and look for another provider?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Once 15.x gets declared a stable release 16.x should become available.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MX16 is your friend, it is on the FIPS list, we expect MX15 to be moved from beta to release imminently and MX16 should then be available.  I'd hold on a short while and ask your Meraki AM for a more accurate timetable.

We have version 14.53 released in June 2020.  It doesn't give me the option to upgrade to firmware version 15 or 16.XX.  Is it possible?

Thank you for the information!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have version 14.53 released in June 2020.  It doesn't give me the option to upgrade to firmware version 15 or 16.XX.  Is it possible?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

15.42 is in the beta channel, we've been running 15.x for over 18 months on our production MXs including an HA pair of MX250s.  We expect it to become a stable release very shortly.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Once 15.x gets declared a stable release 16.x should become available.

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  I downloaded this certifications.  This helps a ton!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels