MX250 Dual Internet Link

Rajinder
Here to help

MX250 Dual Internet Link

Dear All,

I have MX250, how to configure this dual link. I do not want any load balancing.

I have an organization and want to add this firewall into the same organization in a network.

Currently, client has one internet link and it is terminated on cisco router. Now client has order another internet link and MX250 firewall and planning to terminate two links on the MX250. 

Client has now two links and two different subnets. How it can be configured on the same ssid to serve multiple vlans ?

Guest SSID--vlan 15 and vlan 20. How it will tag both vlans on the same ssid ? Do I need to create another network in the same organization ? and map other vlan ?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
DougSF
Conversationalist

Not clear what your end goal is here.

On the MX250 you can plug in your two internet connections using SFP or SFP+ optics (or copper if that's how you roll).  In the dashboard under Security-SDWan you can go to "Traffic shaping"   Scroll down and you can set the primary wan link and disable load balancing.

With LB disabled all traffic (regardless of VLAN) will go out the specified primary circuit (WAN1 or WAN2) and will only go to the other one during a failover of the primary.

If you want the different VLANs to go out different circuits, further down the page is "Flow preferences" where you can specify the circuit you want to use for each subnet.  This is the way I do it, for a couple of low-priority uses like guest access I set up a flow preference to send that entire subnet (ie: 192.168.1.0/24) out WAN2 while everyone else defaults to WAN1.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you want one SSID with clients going to two different VLANs then either use 802.1x for authentication or iPSK, either can achieve this as long as you know all the clients for one of the VLANs

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels