MX100 does not show secondary WAN uplink address

srgjp
New here

MX100 does not show secondary WAN uplink address

Hi there!

I'm actually wondering, if we have a problem on the secondary WAN uplink of one of our MX100 sec appliances or if this would be rather an error in displaying the actual state. Perhaps there is anyone with a similar problem.

On the MX100 appliance port 2 is set to "Internet". The port is connected to a Meraki SW220-8 switch, wich connects to both, the standby MX100 and the CPE of the internet provider.

We use a static configured IP address on the primary uplink and an address configured by DHCP on the secondary.

Now the secondary IP address is not shown in the dashboard under "security appliance" - "appliance status". But the latency chart is drawn for both, the primary and the secondary uplink.

For this system is in produciton, we don't want to fail it over to the secondary uplink, for we don't know if this is connected.

Uplink Configuartion on ApplianceUplink Configuartion on ApplianceUplink-Status-MX100.png

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can make a packet capture on the port thats now showing up, if you see traffic incoming-outgoing i would create a support case.

another option would be to reset/bounce the port after working hours to see what happens then.

WaHoO
Comes here often

Hi, i am not sure for DHCP interface, but I had similar issue, that secondary link was not showing in the dashboard until  IP was configured correctly and link was operational. I had IP configured statically though.

benny
Getting noticed

Hi srgjp,

One suggestion would be to upgrade to version 13. Seems to be a lot of bug fixes between 12 and 13. 13 has a new WAN interface update as well which allows you to see and change the network config from the cloud portal.

Regards,

Ben

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels