MX100 cluster "Uplink IP address in conflict with another device"

SOLVED
DavidDawson
Conversationalist

MX100 cluster "Uplink IP address in conflict with another device"

We have two MX100 devices for failover purposes. When I click Security appliance -> Appliance status I see

Primary Current master

Spare Passive; ready

If I click the link to view Spare there's a messages that shows "Uplink IP address in conflict with another device" in red. Is this to be expected?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

How do you have the HA arrangement currently configured, the WAN ports on these two devices should be different? The only use case I could see where they would be identical if you were using a Public static IP for the devices and directly plugging into your ISPs network.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

How do you have the HA arrangement currently configured, the WAN ports on these two devices should be different? The only use case I could see where they would be identical if you were using a Public static IP for the devices and directly plugging into your ISPs network.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Thanks for the lead. Questions are sometimes more helpful than answers. 🙂 I think there must be a device in front of our firewall claiming the IP address and causing the IP conflict. I'm going to pursue that. We don't have a visit to this site lined up.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels