MX100 VPN Client no gateway assigned

Philbud
Getting noticed

MX100 VPN Client no gateway assigned

Hi maybe someone can help me with this. I'm new to Meraki systems...

I have a MX100 sitting behing a L3 Cisco 3750 core switch. Everything is working fine so far but i'm starting to test vpn connections for our users on the road. I connected our AD for authentification and that part is working. I'm able to connect to vpn with my AD account. I'm getting an ip address in the range that I sent for VPN users but I don't get a gateway address. If I do a ipconfig /all I get 0.0.0.0 has default gateway so I cannot ping anything on internet network. 

Anybody can help me with this?

8 REPLIES 8
ITzhak
Getting noticed

Hi,

So can you connect to the VPN network but not browse the internet at the same time?

Philbud
Getting noticed

Yes I can browse internet on computer that is connected to VPN but I can't ping or go on my office network since I'm not getting any gateway address.

Screenshot_1.jpg

ITzhak
Getting noticed

I'm not sure if the gateway is the issue, since on our VPN we don't get a gateway yet it still works...

Are you able to ping an IP on the same range as your VPN range?

Philbud
Getting noticed

Ok thanks I think you led me to something. Maybe I'm missing a route for this subnet on my core switch.

Let me check. Thanks for your help

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Make sure that the MX has a route to the network you're trying to access. And make sure that upstream devices have routes back to your VPN subnet. 

Not seeing a gateway is normal for client VPN. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Philbud
Getting noticed

Finally it was a route missing in my core switch! Thanks for the help guys

ITzhak
Getting noticed

Cool!

I have the same issue, Can explain to me how you resolved?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels