MX100 | Download/Upload 'capped' after setting up WAN2

SOLVED
Masterlatvia
Here to help

MX100 | Download/Upload 'capped' after setting up WAN2

I've observed an issue I could use guidance on. After enabling my WAN 2 port on my MX100 (in preparation for Starlink), I've observed that my wired & wireless caps, tested via Ookla or Google) are now around <100Mbps down for all clients on my network. My SD-WAN & Traffic shaping > Uplink configuration settings are set to their max and I don't have load balancing enabled as I want the Starlink to be purely a backup to my gigabit connection. I've reviewed all global bandwidth limits, group policies and Wireless firewall/traffic shaping per-client bandwidth limits and ALL are set to unlimited or their max values. Why would enabling my WAN 2 port make such a drastic impact on wired/wireless clients? The other thing, I haven't even hooked up the Starlink yet to the WAN 2 port. This is only in preparation. I do have Traffic Shaping rules setup, but I haven't observed that changing those has made an impact. 

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you kindly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like a bug.

Would not recommend running early beta if you dont like bugs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Masterlatvia
Here to help

One step I will do later is to disable WAN2 and see if that lifts any apparent caps to determine if it truly is related to enabling the second WAN port.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you should have to open a case with Meraki support.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What firmware version?

Masterlatvia
Here to help

I’m on the latest beta, 18.101. 

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like a bug.

Would not recommend running early beta if you dont like bugs.

Masterlatvia
Here to help

I was able to find downgrade the firmware to revision MX 17.10. Success! WAN 2 has been enabled and there doesn't appear to be any degradation of wired or WiFi! Although I do enjoy being on the latest Beta this is the first case where I cannot be on the latest due to degradation of the network.

I have opened a case with Meraki and I'm hopeful they will report this issue to the engineers working on the latest firmware so they can get that addressed in the next cycle of patches. Thanks for your guidance. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels