MX white status light barely visible

Solved
harmankardon
Getting noticed

MX white status light barely visible

We have a range of MX models, some 5-6 years old, others 1-2 years old, and on the vast majority of them, the status LED becomes barely visible when displaying solid white. Other colors seem fine, I'm assuming this is a tricolor LED and some sort of component fault causes white (all LEDS on) to display very faintly.

Has anyone got an explanation from Meraki on this? Sometimes this is an issue when we ask a user to check the status LED and they say it looks like its off but in fact it is solid white. The fact that this hasn't been resolved for years is strange. 

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @harmankardon,

If the LED has become too dim to be easily visible, do open a Support case and they'll be able to help out. LEDs have a finite lifespan and can sometimes dim slightly over time, especially when they're on 24/7.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is a definite problem with older MX models. Especially MX64's and the like

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have a pretty much brand new MX250 that has a pale flickering white LED, but all other colours are fine, so not sure I'd hold out much hope on this one!

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Oh man that's annoying. I had hope newer models wouldn't have this issue.

My MX75's are still going strong 🤞

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @harmankardon,

If the LED has become too dim to be easily visible, do open a Support case and they'll be able to help out. LEDs have a finite lifespan and can sometimes dim slightly over time, especially when they're on 24/7.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels