MX in NAT Mode Behind ASA.

SOLVED
3ffdot
Here to help

MX in NAT Mode Behind ASA.

I have an MX84 that is currently in passthrough mode and behind a Cisco ASA and in front of a Cisco layer 3 switch.  When in passthrough mode the MX sources all of its traffic out of the WAN interface which isn't helpful when it needs to reach the AD server that is behind the layer 3 switch.  I want to put it in "NAT Mode" so that it becomes a layer 3 device however I don't want it to NAT anything since the ASA is handling all of that.  Is it possible to get the MX to be a layer 3 device without having to NAT all traffic to its WAN interface?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@PhilipDAth I've been reading up about that actually and I've requested the Beta firmware from support.  This is a much needed feature.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/MX-NO-NAT-15-3-15-4/m-p/13949

you can probably try it by contacting support but its not official released yet.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is actually a new "no-nat" mode of operation coming out (I don't think it is released yet).  If you ask support they might enable this option for you.  This allows you to turn the MX into a router.

@PhilipDAth I've been reading up about that actually and I've requested the Beta firmware from support.  This is a much needed feature.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels