MX device and trying to make multiple devices appear externally as a single public IP

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

MX device and trying to make multiple devices appear externally as a single public IP

Dear Meraki Friends,

I am trying to find a way to allow multiple IP’s to route from a single public IP address.

The situation is that we have a number of clients servers who have whitelisted a public single IP so we can access there servers so I know I can make 1 LAN IP appear externally as a public IP using 1:1 NAT but I have multiple users (devices) that need to do this potentially as the same time, anyone got any idea’s on how I can do this or any other suggestions.

Thanks

Gary

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this for outbound Nat?

Yes, thanks

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

If all the client devices are behind the MX/Device gateway performing NAT, just put all the clients into a specific VLAN and then create a group policy on that VLAN to be routed out of the WAN 2 uplink (Which has the specific whitelisted public IP). 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

WANKiller, thanks for this, I think what complicated matters is that the ISP issues a dynamic IP for the WAN interface (PPPOE) but have issues a subnet which is routed, via this dynamic IP. one of the public IP's that have been allocated is the whitelisted IP to the remote servers.

I can use 1:1 NAT routing (say 192.168.200.200 to 62.172.116.200) so that all outbound traffic appears to come from this public IP but what I am trying to achieve is something like 192.168.200.0/24 to 62.172.116.200. 

Any thoughts / help would be very much apreciared

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP

I can't think of anyway to solve this one.  You can do inbound 1:many, but not outbound many:1 NAT.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels