MX - client limitations on MX datasheet 68W

SOLVED
Vikesh-jhb
Conversationalist

MX - client limitations on MX datasheet 68W

Hi All do we have any guidance or experience where an MX 68 is used on up to a 50Mbps line with over 100 clients and is there many issues or can it handle up to at least 100 users where the IPS and some security features turned on? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If they already own the kit then I'd keep it unless they have problems. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You really should be looking at an MX84 with that many users. 

Thanks Phillip but would their be major issues if there is less than 100 users and they wont be on simultaneously

We have initially specked an MX68 when they had 20Mbps lines with 60 users, they now say they growing to at least 80 to 100 users per site so we trying to save them cost of upgrading right now if they dont need to..

If they already own the kit then I'd keep it unless they have problems. 

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Philip's suggestion sounds sensible. If they have already deployed the MX68 then stick with it - but monitor utilization of the MX, by using Organization > Monitor > Summary report for the appliance Network in which it is deployed. Remember that if you don't follow guidance within the MX Sizing Guide + the customer suffers performance issues + MX utilisation is high, then Meraki Support would be within their rights, ultimately, to simply suggest you deploy an appropriate MX model. If the MX has net yet been purchased, I would suggest buying the right model, after consulting the guide. You could also try using the meraki Free Trial process, to see how MX68 performs in that environment.

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_whitepaper_mx_sizing_guide.pdf
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels