MX Template Static routing - Multiple sites

Solved
AhmedJawad
Getting noticed

MX Template Static routing - Multiple sites

Hi All, 

I have MX template has 100+ network. in each network the MX is connected to Cisco core switch. I will need to add static route to a different next hope in each site ? 

So is site one has MX IP 10.10.10.1 and core of 10.10.10.2 , I need static for this site when try to reach for example 172.16.2.2 to go to next hope of 10.10.10.2 

second site under the same template, Meraki MX IP 10.10.11.1 and core 10.10.11.2 and need to reach the same 172.16.2.2 need to go to 10.10.11.2 

any was we can do that in the MX template? the static routing is not enabled locally on the appliance when it is under a template. 

TIA.  

1 Accepted Solution
Kevin_R
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello AhmedJawad,

Static routing on the template can be configure using IP offsets, as described here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

Based on the example configuration you provided, each child network would use its own subnet, then add the provided offset for the next hop IP. This would work as long as the examples you provided are all that you are looking for with static routes.

If the next hop IP is inconsistent (for example, instead of 10.10.10.2 it was 10.10.10.245 in one network and instead of 10.10.11.2 it was 10.10.10.145 in another network), then this would not help since the offset differs for each network.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Kevin_R
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello AhmedJawad,

Static routing on the template can be configure using IP offsets, as described here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

Based on the example configuration you provided, each child network would use its own subnet, then add the provided offset for the next hop IP. This would work as long as the examples you provided are all that you are looking for with static routes.

If the next hop IP is inconsistent (for example, instead of 10.10.10.2 it was 10.10.10.245 in one network and instead of 10.10.11.2 it was 10.10.10.145 in another network), then this would not help since the offset differs for each network.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels