MX Security Inquiry

SOLVED
Enrico_Romero
Here to help

MX Security Inquiry

Hi Guys,

Good Day!

I got an opportunity to present Cisco Meraki Security on one of our Partner's End User.

There are some inquiries about Meraki's Security Solution:

• Is it possible to place a Bandwidth Limitation for Groups/VLAN's?
  • In youtube, can Meraki Block the Category? (e.g. Allow Manufacturing Videos but block other kinds of Category)
  • When viewing Sites that has Advertisements, can Meraki Block those Ad's? (It will just show a White Picture and its not click-able)
  • Since Meraki has 10yrs License option, if in case the unit still has 10yrs and its about to approach End of Life. Is there a REFRESH program? (e.g. A Buy-Back program that will have less cost when getting the replacement)

They are also familiar with Meraki's AP.

But they have 1 question in mind and it has to do with MAC ADDRESS Binding per SSID.

Is it possible to have a MAC ADDRESS bonded to an SSID that has Traffic shaping? (e.g. MAC addresses of a certain group can only connect to a specific SSID, if they connect to a different SSID they won't have internet access).

I know this is a long post but I really appreciate any feedback from you guys.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Creating_and_Applying_Group_Poli...

• In youtube, can Meraki Block the Category? (e.g. Allow Manufacturing Videos but block other kinds of Category)

No.

• When viewing Sites that has Advertisements, can Meraki Block those Ad's? (It will just show a White Picture and its not click-able)

There is a content category called "Web Advertisements",  I've never used it, but I expect it would block what it says.

• Since Meraki has 10yrs License option, if in case the unit still has 10yrs and its about to approach End of Life. Is there a REFRESH program? (e.g. A Buy-Back program that will have less cost when getting the replacement)

Discount programs come and go.  You should not enter into a 10 year transaction with any expectations.  Seriously though - would you really want a security appliance using 10 year old technology.  I would suggest shorter licences, like 5 years, and replace the device more regularly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Creating_and_Applying_Group_Poli...

No.

There is a content category called "Web Advertisements",  I've never used it, but I expect it would block what it says.

Discount programs come and go.  You should not enter into a 10 year transaction with any expectations.  Seriously though - would you really want a security appliance using 10 year old technology.  I would suggest shorter licences, like 5 years, and replace the device more regularly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels