MX Revert To Previous Configuration After Lose WAN connection

Iamyour_Joy33
Here to help

MX Revert To Previous Configuration After Lose WAN connection

Dear All,

I am writing this to get any experiences from all of you about MX revert to the previous configuration after losing WAN connection. This is the real case I have met in my organization, I have setup MX to reach to Meraki cloud and synced the configuration already and this MX connected to Meraki cloud more than a week. Later on, after I lose my WAN connection around 7 days, and WAN connection came back, MX configuration already revert to the previous one ( 192.168.0.1) and we need to configure it again to reach the Meraki cloud.

Does anyone have met this issue like me?

Please let me know if you have any concerns about this! Since TAC didn't believe when first time I open case.

Best Regards,

Joy

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I saw this happen once with a client and if I'm not mistaken, the MX's RMA was necessary.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi @alemabrahao , I got another MX that happen the same as this one but it did not revert to the previous configuration. Anyway, I have asked TAC to disable reboot every 4 hours when it is in safe configuration mode as I have read Meraki document.

Iamyour_Joy33
Here to help

Hi, Since hardware is not issue. how could Meraki team accept to process RMA?

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Usually that only should happen when you factory default the device.  If your device did that on it's own then you may have a faulty device or perhaps a firmware bug.

Hi @GIdenJoe ,

I am not clearly sure about firmware bug. I'm running version 18.107.2 in my organization, in this scenario if my MX lost connectivity to Meraki cloud and the Internet port on MX is unplug, this issue won't happen but if WAN is still plugin with the Internet port in MX, it will revert to the previous configuration after losing connectivity to the cloud more than 7 days.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels