MX Replacement Vlan connection lost

TDevanney
Here to help

MX Replacement Vlan connection lost

I replaced an MX64 with an MX85 in 3 sites (A, B, &C).  Our main site (A) was the first to replace.  The replacement took no time at all.  Just had to load in the Uplink details and all other settings remained.  I did the other two sites (B&C) in the same night.  Same thing it seemed.  Loaded Uplink details and all other settings remained.  The VLANs in site B, however, are not connecting with A any longer.  I cannot seem to figure it out.  Minus unique addresses, B&C are identical.  No problems with site C and the VLANs.

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are the vlans participating in SD-WAN? Have you validated this yet?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

They are not.  They are setup and were prior to the upgrade with no issues.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Did you review the LAN port mapping to ensure the config still aligns properly? The LAN port numbering is different between a MX64 and MX85.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Other_Topics/MX_Cold_Swap_Replacing_an_Existing_MX_with_a_Differ... 

Thanks.  Went through the ports.  Still having issues.

In that case I'd recommend you open a Support case

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>The VLANs in site B, however, are not connecting with A any longer

If you are not using AutoVPN, how should they be talking to each other?

Rekun
Here to help

When replacing devices, you have to enable autovpn for the subnets again as Phillip has suggested 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels