MX - No Nat - MPLS

MatthewHarrison
Comes here often

MX - No Nat - MPLS

Hi all,

So we have a site with a single connection, onto out MPLS which connects our multiple sites, with one internet breakout handled by our ISP.

So i got Meraki Support to enable the No-Nat feature on our MX that was all good, put the MX is routed mode, and enable No-Nat one Uplink 1.

As soon as i enable that No-Nat on Uplink 1, Im getting no connectivity for anything behind the MX, the MX itself has got a connection.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue when setting up the MX on an MPLS or is it just me being stupid? 😕

Cheers

Matt

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You either:

• want to use the MX in transparent mode
  • use routed mode.  You'll need the MPLS service provider to add a route via the MX WAN interface for the subnet behind the MX.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MatthewHarrison as @PhilipDAth said, without NAT, the MPLS provider needs to know about all IP ranges on the site that you want to route over their network.  With NAT the MPLS provider only needs to know about the WAN interface of the MX.

A third option is to use auto VPN over the MPLS and set it to tunnel all traffic across, then the MPLS provider only needs to know about the MX WAN as the other subnets will be encapsulated within the encrypted VPN traffic stream.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels