MX/IPv6: DHCP6 on WAN port?

Solved
oli
Conversationalist

MX/IPv6: DHCP6 on WAN port?

Hi, 

I just upgraded my MX68 to 17.6 (thanks for adding IPv6!!!) and wonder how I can set my WAN port to use Auto (DHCP6)? It shows as Auto (Stateless).

I am connected to Starlink, which should assign me a couple of prefixes I can then delegate to my Vlans..

Edit: looks Starlink disabled IPv6 very recently  (at least in some countries), not sure if this explains the behaviour.. 

thanks!

oli

1 Accepted Solution
MerryAki
Building a reputation

If the service was removed or disabled for a certain reason, try to set it to an automatic mode and you will see when it is back again. DHCPv6/PD is most common. But there are other ways like 6to4

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check this link:

https://documentation.meraki.com/?title=MX%2FOther_Topics%2FIPv6_Support_on_MX_Security_%26_SD-WAN_P...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
oli
Conversationalist

Thanks for the reply. I checked this link, it shows that DHCP6 is supported, but doesn’t say how to configure it. But maybe the MX detects it automatically, difficult to say as Starlink seems to have disabled IPv6..

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

alemabrahao_0-1648991492502.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
MerryAki
Building a reputation

If the service was removed or disabled for a certain reason, try to set it to an automatic mode and you will see when it is back again. DHCPv6/PD is most common. But there are other ways like 6to4

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels