MX - Enabling PPPoE authentication on WAN-2 crashes all WAN connections, isolates site.

mander5
Conversationalist

MX - Enabling PPPoE authentication on WAN-2 crashes all WAN connections, isolates site.

Running MX-95 with 17.10.2 adding a second WAN link.

Using either Local log in or Dashboard to setup PPPoE setting and the MX throws a massive hissy. WAN-1 for some reason loses it's DHCP IP and the site is isolated until hard reboot. Seems to happen as soon as you enable authentication.

Any ideas anyone, Meraki support still investigating.  

5 REPLIES 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try downloading It for version 16.16.6. Version 17.10.x has an instability issue.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

We've been running 17.x in various forms and not had any other issues. It's needed across our estate when using dual PPPoE as there's a bug in 16.x for that issue.  

Do you have any direct experience with the issue described or was your comment more general?

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I had the same on mx75. Pppoe/vlan tag on wan2.

After lot of troubleshooting, Replaced the unit, same issue.  Because the device is stuck/down you need to reboot it., and then the download support data is lost.

Wan1 looks active when it happens but its also stuck/down. You cant ping the wanip and also not remotely access the local page(when remote access is enabled)

I dont really use wan2 for ppoe so i let the support case cease

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yep, I've been  experiencing a lot of issues with this version like, performance, S2S VPN,etc. You are not the first case that related this issue with the same version, and all was solved after downgrade It. You asked for a suggestion and my suggestion is try downgrade It, but It's your choice.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We use 17.x across all sites (other than one that is stuck on 16.16.3) without any issues, but we don't use PPPoE or any of the advanced features...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels