MX-84 with single WAN

Solved
meraki-newbie
Here to help

MX-84 with single WAN

Hi all,

Currently we have two sites (Site-A and Site-B) using MX-84 as an service gateway for each site. Each site have their own uplink with 2 ISP.

Site-A have ISP-1 & ISP-2 WAN uplink

Site-B have ISP-1 & ISP-2 WAN uplink

So we need to subscribed to 4 WAN Connectivity.

We have plan to merge those sites into only 2 WAN Connectivity by merging Site-A and Site-B, and resulting topology like this :

Site-A-Trunk to-Site-B-WAN Uplink

We want MX84 on site A , behave like an MS Switch that has no any WAN uplink but could be managed.

Could we have this topology applied using MX 84 ?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>We want MX84 on site A , behave like an MS Switch that has no any WAN uplink but could be managed.

Not really.  It needs an Internet connection.  However you could have it act more like a router using NO-NAT mode.  You have to get support to enable this.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/MX-in-Routed-Mode-with-No-Nat/m-p/44061/highlight/tr... 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't understand your question. Do you a topology?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>We want MX84 on site A , behave like an MS Switch that has no any WAN uplink but could be managed.

Not really.  It needs an Internet connection.  However you could have it act more like a router using NO-NAT mode.  You have to get support to enable this.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/MX-in-Routed-Mode-with-No-Nat/m-p/44061/highlight/tr... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels