MX-80 not letting google trough the content filter

Solved
EdVDK
Conversationalist

MX-80 not letting google trough the content filter

Good day, my name is Ed. I am the tech for a  k - 9 school and I use the MX-80 for content filtering, which before we had summer break was working fine. Now with the same configuration I had last year I no longer can reach the google search engine (www.google.ca or www.google.com). Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you fix it. Thank you in advance for any help.

1 Accepted Solution
Polymathink
Getting noticed

I had contacted Meraki about this some time ago. There was an issue in their filter that they were to address (if they haven't already) in an update. Their suggestion was to manually whitelist google.com.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

if not configuration has changed on the MX and this behaviour has started, I wouldn't start to fiddle around with settings. I'd give Meraki support a call and reproduce the issue - They have elevated rights to get onto the box and see if this is a bug/caching issue with the MX.

If you'd rather try just fixing the issue yourself - try by starting a reboot of the device after hours - Clearing any cache that may have caused the problem.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When content filtering blocks something it gives a reason why.  What reason is it giving?

Polymathink
Getting noticed

I had contacted Meraki about this some time ago. There was an issue in their filter that they were to address (if they haven't already) in an update. Their suggestion was to manually whitelist google.com.

There has been a nagging bug where content filtering was based on IP, not DNS - so it would block servers hosting many websites. Could have been related.
BHC Resorts IT Department
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels