MX 67 Ethernet light not working when connected with LAN for setup.meraki.com

Karan_Meraki
Comes here often

MX 67 Ethernet light not working when connected with LAN for setup.meraki.com

Hello All, 

I have purchased a new meraki MX 67 and I have a static IP from the ISP so now when I want to add the static IP, 
I am connecting my LAN port of MX67 to laptop and proving IP 192.168.128.5/24 and GW 192.168.128.1. 
While doing DHCP I am getting APIPA IP from MX67. 
The ethernet port lights are not also blinking and the LED status is solid orange. 
What should I do, I tried factory reset but still nothing happend.

11 Replies 11
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The orange LED status for the MX is expected - no connectivity to the Meraki Cloud.

Are you seeing any link lights come up at all? Can you try connecting a different computer or a different port?

Does the MX show in the dashboard as having never successfully connected?

By default, the MX should be running a DHCP server and issue your client an IP if connected on the LAN port. You can then connect to the local status page to complete the WAN IP configuration.

Hello, 

No I can't see any LAN port light to be on, In my laptop the ethernet port light is blinking but in MX-67 no LAN port light is blinking also when I factory reset it is not resetting. 

And in the dashboard it shows never successfully connected.

In my laptop when I connect MX67 via LAN port I am getting an APIPA IP.

>No I can't see any LAN port light to be on

That is a problem.  What about if you try a different LAN port (there are four LAN ports on that model)?

I assume when you plug your notebook into something else with Ethernet the link lights come on?

Hello, 

I have tried on all of the 4 LAN ports of my MX67, none of the LAN ports LED are turning ON. 
Yes, my laptops ethernet LED light is blinking suggesting that either MX67 is stuck in booting process or the ports are faulty. 

As it is constant Orange LED since I powered on my MX67. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

• MX - (varies)
    Most MX models have a dedicated management port used to access the local status page. In addition, the local status page is accessible at the MX's LAN IP address for all models. 
    By default, MX devices run DHCP. Once the client is connected to a LAN interface of the MX, find the client's IP address and default gateway, then open the default gateway address in a web browser.

Note: If the MX security appliance is in passthrough mode and its uplink is on a subnet that overlaps with a remote subnet over VPN, either the MX will need to be temporarily removed from VPN to be accessed locally or the local status page can only be accessed via VPN.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hello, 

The LED lights of my MX67 LAN ports are not on when connecting it to my laptop, the ethernet port LED is blinking on my laptop but I am not getting IP from MX67 LAN DHCP, I am receiving APIPA IP address in my laptop due to which I can't connect to setup.meraki.com. 

Karan_Meraki_0-1695883593431.jpeg

It's probably a hardware issue, I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
harmankardon
Getting noticed

Sounds like a hardware issue with the MX67. Do you have another laptop and cable you can test? And are you sure the MX67 has a good power source? 

JMAttwood
Comes here often

Seeing this on three different MX67s so far this week. Ports work but link lights never illuminate.

kmcgaugh
Here to help

Hello @Karan_Meraki 

You just purchased this MX67? 

First off, are you using the LAN/patch cables that came shipped with the MX67? Or are you using one that you already had? Can you test that cable to ensure it is not an issue with the cable?

Second off, the LED status of the MX67 will remain solid orange because it has no connection to the Meraki cloud. Since you state your ISP gave you a static IP, I assume your internet circuit does not have a DHCP failback, but you could try to connect your MX67 to the internet without the static IP, reboot it, and see if the status LED goes to rainbowing. Don't forget to license and register the MX67 to your Meraki dashboard.

Finally, by default - out of the box, Meraki MX67s will handout DHCP upon plugging a device into its LAN port. You are getting an APIPA address because there is no associated link. Do you have link lights on your laptop's NIC when trying to connect the cable? If not, go back to testing the ethernet cable you're trying to use/try another cable first. If that fails, factory reset the device, and if that fails, try another laptop if you can or double check its NIC is enabled, and if it is, and you've exhausted everything else mentioned - I would contact Meraki support.

Kaleb Mohr, CCNA
Network Engineer
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. I am not a Cisco employee. I am a consulting Network Engineer not affiliated to Cisco.
JMAttwood
Comes here often

This latest batch appear to be behaving diferently on first boot, then take an age to provision, all the while, the link lights do not work. During this time, I'm seeing a new sequence on the LED - it alternates between green and amber. Three hours later, after the protvisioning has finished, link lights function.

JMAttwood_0-1705645366681.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels