MX-64 Wan reset

SOLVED
Alain_Bensimon
Getting noticed

MX-64 Wan reset

Hello,I have modified the Wan settings of my MX-64 and I have made a mistake.

Now I can't reach it anymore.

Stupidly, I didn't think of trying the configuration by adding a second wan port.

The question is:

If I reste the device by pressing the small button on the back of the device, will it just reset my Wan IP to default, ot will it also erase all my configuration (VPN, etc.).

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Double-check that you have the correct serial-number (the one with the dashes in the blocks of characters).

Or just reset the device and try again to access the local status page. There you correct the IP-info and the rest of the config gets automatically fetched from the dashboard.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The system will be resettled to default. But you can correct the settings through the local status page.

@KarstenI 

Thank you for your answer. I have tried and connected a laptop to a lan port of the SD, but I can't go nowhere.

Do you have a LAN~address configured on the MX? You can access this address in a browser.
more info on the local status page:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me...

@KarstenI 

Yes I do, and I have now been able to connecte to the device, but when I go to "configure", it requests credentials.

I've entered the Serial number and no password as suggested, but it denies me to login.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe  you have set the local credentials on the dashboard at the network > general  page

@ww 

No, I didn't do that. And I've tried it too.

Double-check that you have the correct serial-number (the one with the dashes in the blocks of characters).

Or just reset the device and try again to access the local status page. There you correct the IP-info and the rest of the config gets automatically fetched from the dashboard.

It's okay, finally I've been able to fix it.

Thank you.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Hello,I have modified the Wan settings of my MX-64 and I have made a mistake.

If you get into this circumstance again - do nothing.  Perhaps go have a coffee.  Typically the MX will roll back any change you make that causes a loss of Internet connectivity.

You just need to wait.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels