MX 450 Install and config

Solved
kfat32
Here to help

MX 450 Install and config

I have MX 450 connected to the WAN port, I can see the MX 450 on the dashboard, now I want to deploy MX 68W at the remote site. I do have DHCP server at the data center and the MX 68W will be installed on a remote location. I would like to know how the 68W will create a tunnel and get the configuration from The MX 4150. I am a NWB and would like to learn more about Meraki. 

Date center ---> Meraki 450MX -- Cisco switch ---Router-- ISP

remote site office --> MX 68W --ISP modem/router.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the Meraki dashboard you have one Organization with two Networks in it.  In one network is the MX450, in the other is the MX68W.  Under the Security & SDWAN heading simply enable the Site-to-site VPN.

cmr_0-1693418337836.png

Meraki magic will get you connected, though you can optimise the connection and secure traffic between the sites as well!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the Meraki dashboard you have one Organization with two Networks in it.  In one network is the MX450, in the other is the MX68W.  Under the Security & SDWAN heading simply enable the Site-to-site VPN.

cmr_0-1693418337836.png

Meraki magic will get you connected, though you can optimise the connection and secure traffic between the sites as well!

kfat32
Here to help

@cmr Thanks for the reply, here is another question. I have MX 450 in NY and the other in CA.. I want the NY 68Ws to be connected to the MX 450 in NY and the ones in CA to be connected to the MX450 in CA. What is the best way to accomplish this. 

Thanks! 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Set the 68Ws as spokes and only have the hub you want:

Screenshot_20230830_212753_Chrome.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels