MX-250 keeps crashing. Meraki Support can see CPU utilization not shown in the Summary Report

PaulHenry
Here to help

MX-250 keeps crashing. Meraki Support can see CPU utilization not shown in the Summary Report

Our MX-250 shows % utilized rarely over 50%.  However, MX-250 keeps failing over to our warm spare.

Meraki support says that the CPU is pegged at 100% and that this is causing our problems.

Does this make sense?  How can we view and monitor CPU?  Why is this not shown in the Summary Report?

PaulHenry_0-1588854455246.png

3 Replies 3
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately, the "Utilization" graph is not CPU alone. That value is a combination of all available resouces on the MX, including memory. Meraki does not expose CPU utilization alone for you to view, only Meraki can see that. 

Meraki does not allow customers to see the CPU or UPTIME on the devices. As far as I can tell, they have concluded that we are not worthy of such glory and honor, as we are only mere mortals. At least that is what I tell myself to help my mind not explode from the fact that I can't see those types of things on 'enterprise' level expense equipment that I paid for.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

To be fair, if one of the resources is at 100%, that graph should be showing that imo. I know that having more insight into resource percentages has been requested by others before. I'd definitely make a wish and leverage my local Meraki SE & AM.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels