MX-14.50 problem (communication between wireless and wired devices)

damienleick
Getting noticed

MX-14.50 problem (communication between wireless and wired devices)

Hi,

Is anyone encounter a problem with MX-14.50 ?

We've update 3 of our appliances yesterday and some Wireless Equipement could not communicate anymore with services installed on a wired computer.

The computer and the wireless equipment are correctly adressed and are on the same VLAN.

We're using MX-68, MS-120-24 and MR33

MR33 are connected PoE to MX-68 PoE LAN port and switch are connected to MX-68 LAN port

We tried reboot MX, switch, access-point and no change.

The only way to correct the problem was to Rollback to MX-14.40

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Have not touched 14.50 yet, but I would open a support case so they can log it.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have just two MXs on 14.50.  So far no problems.  But a very small sample size.

Personnaly two site called in the same time after the update to report the problem it's very weird.

I will wait futur update on this release candidate

Why not create a case and then update to give Meraki the chance to export logs?

Because the problem has affected critical devices (device to receive daily delivery in our stores) so it was not an option to let the problem continue

We ran into this issue yesterday, rolled back 50+ sites to 14.46. Our wireless clients could not reach anything that was plugged into the MX68- if we moved say a printer to the MS120 that was at the site it would start working again. Too many sites to get into a cable move so we reverted.

Greetings everyone,

We are aware of this issue and our development team is actively working on it. The bugs states that MX68s running MX14.50 firmware don't forward traffic between switch boards. This issue does not impact routed traffic.

I will update the thread once we have an update from our dev team.

@BK1975 Your statement "Our wireless clients could not reach anything that was plugged into the MX68" should involve routing, and as I mentioned above - routing is not impacted. So if clients were unable to get out of their broadcast domain as well then further investigation will be required. 

Best Regards,
Gaurav Gupta
Cisco Meraki Technical Support

Two instances-

1st site issue. Wireless client 10.60.28.25 could not access (ping) a printer on the same subnet 10.60.28.175. We moved the cable from the MX68 to the MS120 and it worked.

2nd site issue. Wireless clients on the same subnet as our Windows 2016 DHCP server could not get an ip. We reverted back to the previous MX 68 firmware version and DHCP requests started working again.

Hope this helps.

@BK1975 

In both the instances, client traffic isn't leaving its broadcast domain so no routing is involved. And that is the principal problem we are dealing with here, MX68s running 14.50 are unable to "switch" traffic between switch boards. 

I created a new case explaining my issues and their answer was:

"We are aware of this issue and our development team is actively working on it. The bugs states that MX68s running MX14.50 firmware don't forward traffic between switch boards. "

@Sarpe 

That is correct!

Sarpe
Just browsing

Yes, indeed there is an issue with the latest firmware upgrade MX 14.50. 

My ShoreTel phone system devices stopped working (two Shoretel devices plugged in directly into the MX68 device)

Also, some network devices that were using the same network switch (also plugged into the Meraki), had network connectivity issues . Printing server stopped working through the network, also the Esxi VMWare host was displaying "firewall changed " errors and the VM servers didn't communicate with the network devices. 

Rolling back to the previous firmware MX 14.40 fixed all the issues

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels