Load Balancing between two WAN connections on MX

beta-389-user
Getting noticed

Load Balancing between two WAN connections on MX

How can one improve the user experience when you have an MX appliance on-site with load balancing enabled across two internet lines? I have a site with 50 users and two 100Mbps lines. So far, that site has been operating on an active-standby configuration, but the client just requested that I change the configuration to active + active in order to boost throughput and make better use of the standby line. Now, there was recently some difficulty with the secondary line, which was experiencing packet loss or low latency but never went down, thus Meraki continued to consider it an active line and kept sending traffic on it, and it resulted into site users to have a bad experience due to the degraded connection. Now, how can I get Meraki to move traffic to a better WAN connection if it detects a performance issue with one of the lines? Can I use a customized performance class? Can it simply used for Auto VPN traffic, or can it also be used for Internet traffic? And do I have the option of selecting that custom policy for one of two WAN connections, or does it apply to both automatically?

1 Reply 1
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For the autovpn traffic you should be able to use the sd-wan policies for this.

For local breakout(internet) traffic you could use sd-internet but it requires sdwan+ lic

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels