Like to compatability between MX100 and MX250

Solved
krishnatpi
Conversationalist

Like to compatability between MX100 and MX250

hi Folks,

I have location which is currently running with single Meraki its model is MX100 acting as Primary unit for internet. We have Spare Meraki MX250 which is exported from another location to  use that as a secondary unit for the internet connection.

If i connect my new unit MX250 will it get recognized by MX100 unit?  

If Primary Unit's  MX100  internet Failover to secondary Unit MX250 seamlessly?

Please share your thought before i start mounting the New unit MX250.

Thank you in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I think you must be referring to the MX Warm Spare functionality, where a secondary MX unit will take over from a primary, should the latter fail.   If this is indeed what you want to use, I'm afraid you won't be able to do it using an MX100 paired with an MX250 - the MX models must match exactly.   For confirmation please see the Note near the beginning of the relevant documantation:   https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MX_Warm_Spare_-_High_Availability_Pair

Unfortunately the MX100 is now End of Sale, so your chances of adding a second unit to it are probably slim.   You may find that, through talking to your meraki account team, they can maybe help you with the cost of a new matched pair of devices, given that you have existing investment. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I think you must be referring to the MX Warm Spare functionality, where a secondary MX unit will take over from a primary, should the latter fail.   If this is indeed what you want to use, I'm afraid you won't be able to do it using an MX100 paired with an MX250 - the MX models must match exactly.   For confirmation please see the Note near the beginning of the relevant documantation:   https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MX_Warm_Spare_-_High_Availability_Pair

Unfortunately the MX100 is now End of Sale, so your chances of adding a second unit to it are probably slim.   You may find that, through talking to your meraki account team, they can maybe help you with the cost of a new matched pair of devices, given that you have existing investment. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels