Layer 3 firewall default IPV6

Jay2085
Conversationalist

Layer 3 firewall default IPV6

Hello, 

In the Firewall layer 3 rules it only has IPv6 as an option despite us having IPv6 disabled in the firewall. How can I change it to IPv4? 

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you post a screenshot?

You should be able to create and edit ipv4 outbound rules without a problem.

If you want to create ipv4 inbound rules, you'll need Meraki support to enable it.

Jay2085
Conversationalist

I think I see what they did. It's not very clear, to me at least, just looking at the screen. It shows IPv6 only at the top but, when you go to create a rule you can do dual or IPv6. So it's not just IPv6 even though that's what it shows at the top. I still wish there was an IPv4 option. 

Jay2085_1-1679429341345.png

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Those are inbound rules.  These don't exist in IPv4 since those are in the port forwarding section.

Scroll a bit to see the OUTBOUND rules.  Then you should be able to create v4, v6 and dual stack rules.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>I still wish there was an IPv4 option

You can ask support to turn on IPv4 inbound rules for you rather than letting the system create them for you.  It's not very common to do though unless you are also using NO-NAT.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels