L2TP Client VPN connection on iOS with Cisco AMP (Clarity)

SOLVED
jroegner
Conversationalist

L2TP Client VPN connection on iOS with Cisco AMP (Clarity)

The Meraki L2TP client VPN set up had no problem connecting with iPhone / iPad client. Since Cisco AMP for Endpoints (Clarity) is enabled via Meraki MDM it is not possible to establish a connection. The iOS device displays the error "The L2TP-VPN server did not respond.  Try reconnecting. If the problem continues, verify your settings and contact your Administrator."

This happens with WLAN as well as with cellular network. The AMP profile is only "Audit"

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jroegner
Conversationalist

In a case with Cisco and Apple we found the problem in Apple's iOS 13.

With the release of iOS 13.4 the issue is fixed and Meraki L2TP client vpn is working fine in combination with AMP and Umbrella again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Anything in the AMP for endpoint logs to give you a hint?

I'm assuming you aren't hosting adult content ...

No I can't find anything in the log. I'm thinking about a phase 1 problem. But I can't find out why.

And no, no adult content.

It's also interesting that the same VPN connection could be established from a Macbook with AMP for Endpoints Connector installed.

jroegner
Conversationalist

In a case with Cisco and Apple we found the problem in Apple's iOS 13.

With the release of iOS 13.4 the issue is fixed and Meraki L2TP client vpn is working fine in combination with AMP and Umbrella again.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels