Jumping from 16.16 to 18.107.2 - MX67 prior latency issues

Robbace
Here to help

Jumping from 16.16 to 18.107.2 - MX67 prior latency issues

Hi,

We have two MX67's.  We have been stuck on 16.16 for a while as the firmware updates would cause severe latency in our internet traffic.  Seems like that was a known issue from previous posts here and what support would say.  Tonight we are going to try to move to 18.107.2.   

Has anyone that has had latency issues upgrading the firmware in the past had any success in resolving the latency that plagued the previous firmware versions?

4 Replies 4
Lurick
Getting noticed

Yah, I'm on 18.107.2 and the latency issues and other problems that plagued the previous releases are fixed here.

Thanks.  We tried the update last night.  Same latency issues.  Had to roll back to ol' tried and true 16.16

Lurick
Getting noticed

Interesting, that's good to know. I was on a MX68 so I wonder if there is something on the 67 that's not fixed.

Called support and because we have too many clients on the MX67, not much troubleshooting on their side.  They even saw how it performed running 18.107.2 and then how much better it was on 16.16.

So now not sure if I should upgrade the firewall to a bigger version, or just go look at something else as I believe they use the same firmware for all the MX's.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels