Issue with MX65 upgraded to 16.16

jrsilvius
Getting noticed

Issue with MX65 upgraded to 16.16

Has anyone had any issue with what we can best call timeouts for data streams?

We upgraded our MX65s to 16.16 and after that several of our in house .NET applications that request data from our mainframe quit working correctly. They will connect and request data and the first page or two of data will show up and then they timeout waiting for the data. The applications work fine in our HQ where the Mainframe is located but any of our sites with the upgraded MX65 using our SD-WAN connections have this issue. We are rolling back the last site upgraded to see if it is indeed the root cause, but wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone else had heard or seen this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've got an MX65 that's been running 16.16 since it was released.  It is a spoke on our site-to-site VPN where the core is running 16.15.  I havent had any issues and think I'd have noticed something like you describe...

jrsilvius
Getting noticed

I think I've found the issue. we are getting NBAR ID 1889 Statistical Peer to Peer deny events in our event log talking to our mainframe. I found the issue from this thread. Solved: Re: MX NBAR blocking Statistical Peer-to-peer traffi - The Meraki Community

I've opened a ticket with support. 

jrsilvius
Getting noticed

The more I dig in the more issues I'm finding. We are having DNS queries that go to our Umbrella DNS appliances that that are being blocked calling it Xbox Live because we have layer 7 rule blocking all gaming.

jrsilvius_0-1649339749401.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels