Issue connecting to non-meraki VPN peer networks

John25
Just browsing

Issue connecting to non-meraki VPN peer networks

Hi team,

Our network consists of 7 MX devices and is interconnected via the hub-spoke site-to-site VPN.

We have recently configured a non-meraki VPN peer on one of the hubs MX devices to a third-party router. I can ping the third-party router from the hub but I'm not able to ping it from other MX devices under the organization.

Is there any way I can use that single VPN tunnel for all MX devices under my organization or do I have to have a single tunnel created for each MX device?

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need a tunnel from every mx.

Or you need to put another device behind the hub that builds a tunnel. And then set a static route on the hub/advertise that static into the autvpn

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This router must close a VPN tunnel with each MX, on the Meraki side you can use a single tunnel. You can achieve this using site tags.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Tag-Based_IPsec_VPN_Failover

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels