Is it me, or is it SUPER annoying that Meraki doesn't just list the WAN MAC addresses?

MeowMeow
Conversationalist

Is it me, or is it SUPER annoying that Meraki doesn't just list the WAN MAC addresses?

I can't tell you how many times I need to provide MAC addresses for one reason or another and end up giving the LAN MAC address because it is big and bold on the dashboard.  Yet, as far as I know, you can't find the WAN MAC addresses anywhere.  Why is this?  Am I missing something?  All the other products I use show the MAC right in the GUI for all ports.

2 Replies 2
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

While it doesn't show in the UI this doc covers how to calculate the WAN MAC offset based on model https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Other_Topics/Calculating_MX_WAN_MAC_Addresses

Thank you. I know how to do math to find them, but my question is why?  This is absurd.  I can build an all Meraki Site-to-Site WAN in my bathing suite on a remote island,  but I need to do calculations to find my WAN Mac Addresses if one of my sites is in a Regus Office and they need to know the MACs to allow access. 

Ubiquity shows them right in the GUI and costs about a 5th of the cost. 

Just saying, please display this in the GUI.  Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels