Internet usage

i have MX84

how can i get all the usage over the week for my device and the usage

regards 

5 REPLIES 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It depends on what specific usage information you're looking for.

• MX WAN network usage graph is under "Security & SD-WAN" -> "Appliance Status". This will give you an idea of bandwidth usage going out of the MX
  • Client usage data is under "Network Wide" -> "Clients". This has per application breakdowns and you can drill down per client.
  • Finally, a very handy overview of usage across the network can be found under "Organization" -> "Summary Report"

Each of these graphs defaults to the last day but there is a dropdown to change to data over the past week.

A few reference docs that might lead you further:

Clients Usage Page Overview - Cisco Meraki

Summary Report Overview - Cisco Meraki

Device Utilization - Cisco Meraki

FishMan
Comes here often

Hi 

thanks for this information, currently i am using the summary report and the usage are displaying there, what was trying to see is the use of that amount of data, as of my ISP give me more usage then my meraki

hope you can help

Regards 

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It sounds like you're talking about the WAN data usage (for if your ISP caps your data usage for example).

If that's the case, you can find some data under "Network Wide" -> "Traffic Analysis" and select traffic analytics for your security appliances.

Then next to the work "Usage", you'll see the total amount down and up.
I'm not sure whether this accounts for SD-WAN tunnelled traffic.

Brash_0-1635219694443.png

Another interesting yet less elegant way is making a custom pie chart to track internet bound traffic vs internal traffic.

It's not elegant but it may work for you.

Custom Pie Charts in Meraki – dunxd.com

Russ_B
Getting noticed

I have found that the usage reported by Traffic Analytics is not accurate.  I opened a ticket with support and got a response saying that the support rep "was able to confirm that this issue has already been raised with the developers and we're waiting to hear back from them."

When I need to determine utilization, I just look at the switchport that is connected to the MX appliance or other router/firewall.  Once the switchport is selected, you can see the Historical Data for 2 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 30 days and the Usage reported in the Status section updates and seems much more reasonable that what is reported by Traffic Analytics.

Russ

FishMan
Comes here often

Hi All,

thank for those comments but still haven't get the solution

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels