IPv6 address allocation

Solved
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

IPv6 address allocation

At several sites of ours we are successfully giving clients an IPv6 address from the local MX.  One thing I've yet to find is a list of all the addresses that have been allocated, I know you can see it in the clients view, but is there an equivalent to the IPv4 DHCP lease page?

1 Accepted Solution
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

IPv6 adresses seem to be handed out stateless, so therefore there is no list unfortunately.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe not, Meraki products still have many limitations, and this is one of them.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

IPv6 adresses seem to be handed out stateless, so therefore there is no list unfortunately.

+1 to @CptnCrnch .  I also believe it is stateless DHCPv6.  There is no DHCP database like in DHCPv4.

There is no DHCP lease.  The client gets an IPv6 subnet and configuration options and then chooses its own IPv6 address.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ah yes, I forgot about that! 🙈

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels