IPv6 WAN on MX / Wireless-Concentrator VPN over IPv6

SOLVED
BenVanThom
Here to help

IPv6 WAN on MX / Wireless-Concentrator VPN over IPv6

I read a old topic like IPv6 (https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/Do-Meraki-firewalls-support-IPV6/m-p/113#M6)

But now my question: Any news or roadmap informations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Definitely in the works, that's no secret, what seems to be a secret is the exact timeline.  But IPv6 development is taking place across all products, not just MX.  I too am hoping for this calendar year on the MX.  IPv6 already works in passthrough mode and on the LAN side for link-local addresses which is not particularly useful, but no idea yet on new v6 abilities on the MX in 15 firmware or beyond.  We have an internal meeting and training event next week and I'm hoping we'll hear some updates there and have some indication on time frame.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know, but I am hoping it will be in the 15.x code, which I am expecting to be released to public beta this year.

Definitely in the works, that's no secret, what seems to be a secret is the exact timeline.  But IPv6 development is taking place across all products, not just MX.  I too am hoping for this calendar year on the MX.  IPv6 already works in passthrough mode and on the LAN side for link-local addresses which is not particularly useful, but no idea yet on new v6 abilities on the MX in 15 firmware or beyond.  We have an internal meeting and training event next week and I'm hoping we'll hear some updates there and have some indication on time frame.

18 months later and  ? .....

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels