IP VPN as WAN uplink connection for Meraki MX

AYEN
Here to help

IP VPN as WAN uplink connection for Meraki MX

Hi,

I have a question regarding MX WAN uplink. Is it possible to use IP VPN or MPLS as WAN link for Meraki MX as Primary WAN or Failover. Because we have new project which is IP VPN and MPLS have seen to be position. Thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes it is.

Check the link below.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MPLS_Failover_to_Meraki_Auto_VPN

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi Sir Alemabrahao,

Thank you for your help, but I already saw that datasheet but in this documents the MPLS was in LAN side. What if I put MPLS in WAN uplink as failover if WAN 1 uplink for internet fail the WAN 2 with MPLS line take over? how about my internet connection? Is it same process with IP VPN? 

Thank you in advance

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at this.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Configuring_Site-to-site_VPN_over_MPLS

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Leosambrana
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

hi Ayen,

yes, it´s possible to connect an MPLS link (or any other) to the WAN uplink of the MX. You can use that as primary, secondary, load balance, etc. I have multiple customers using it like this.

The only requirement is that the MPLS link has internet connectivity. The MX WAN interface needs to connect to the Meraki cloud. 

Hi Leosambrana,

Thank you for your response, You mean the MPLS link itself need internet connection aside from having private network?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, it needs internet to work.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels