Block email domain

Fish1
Comes here often

Block email domain

i have meraki mx84 as firewall but have some spam email coming to my email server .

how can i blocked those domain using meraki mx84

Regards

8 Replies 8
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki MX's don't perform email filtering.

You need another appliance/solution to do this.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need an anti-spam email.

https://expertinsights.com/insights/the-top-email-anti-spam-filtering-solutions/

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can get some marginal relief by blocking the "SPAM" content using content filtering.  This does not directly address what you have asked for though.

PhilipDAth_0-1718923719870.png

Guys, we have to make it clear that this will not prevent a SPAM email from arriving in the user's email inbox.

To do this, you need an anti-spam solution (which also does not guarantee this 100%).

The solution that Meraki offers is limited to filtering what you access via the WEB.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

https://www.talosintelligence.com/categories#threatcats

"spam: Known to serve, deliver or aide in the propagation of Spam."

Based on what Cisco publishes as the definition for the spam category - what do you think it blocks then?

Web Spam not Email Spam.

It will definitely be 100% accurate, but will at least filter out a lot of noise.

Shubh3738
Getting noticed

You have to check it with your email solution provider, either it is on Guite or Microsoft.

They can help you surely!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels