IGMP with MX64

Antohind
Getting noticed

IGMP with MX64

Hi guys, 

I have the Meraki MX64 with Meraki ms-220 and talk talk ISP internet connection with youView IPTV.

Everything works as it should except the IPTV channels that I have subscribed too there appears to be an issue with IGMP setup and multicast 

Could someone please advise 

9 REPLIES 9
Antohind
Getting noticed

igmp.PNGigmp-1.PNGmx.PNGtv-meraki.PNG

The TalkTalk youview box connects to port 3 on the Meraki switch have i miss understood the IP setting value for the IGMP interface ??

switchports.PNG

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't use IGMP via an MX WAN interface.

Hi, 

Is it possible for this to work with Meraki am i just doing something incorrect ?

IGMP Support on the Cisco Meraki Security Appliance

MX Security Appliances will forward IGMP traffic for a single broadcast domain. It does not forward multicast traffic upstream, between VLANs, or over a VPN.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So that says IGMP is supported within a single VLAN - is that your case?

Like I said, it wont forward IGMP/multicast traffic that originates from the WAN port, which I suspect will be your case.

Yes one single VLAN but it is coming in from the WAN 😞 i just configured my ISP router and put the device into passthrough mode and straight away i got my channels working.

I'm really wanting to use the client vpn feature before i drop meraki like a hot potato lol 

Is this still possible in passthrough mode ?

Thanks for your help 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know about pass-through mode.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels