I need help with load sharing

Shane1
Comes here often

I need help with load sharing

I am building a city network.  I have two separate internet connections at separate sites.  Each site with internet connections has one MX100 connected to one MS410-16.  8 sites feed via fiber to each MS410-16 fiber agg.   

So in the network diagram each of the 8 sites has a fiber connection to each fiber aggregator which in turn ties to one MX100 then out to the internet.   My question is how would I load share the internet connections in this scenario.  

1) Thought about taking the secondary WAN connection out of the MX100 and feeding it into the fiber aggregator of the other site.   

2) also thought about using fiber between switch aggregators and making a trunk connection, but not sure how would force load sharing.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the MS410's operating at layer 3, and is the MX100 in a stub network off the MS410?

Between the sites with Internet - is there by chance a QinQ layer 2 circuit?

The ms410 has an uplink to the MX100 so I guess it is stubbed.  The Ms410, although capable,  is not currently layer 3 enabled.    I have 17 VLANS with 17 subnets. Two vlans for each site and a management vlan. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So is all the routing being done on the MX100(s)?

Yes, routing is being done by the MX100.  Internet access is off of WAN port 1 on MX100.   The entire network has been running on one of the MX100 and internet.  I have the other MX100 and internet connection configured and ready, just don't have clients/sites connected to it yet.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to converge networks and properly load balance between MX100's and Internet connections.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And if I understand correctly, the two MX100 are at different sites?

Are these sites connected by QinQ fibre by chance?

Yes, separate sites.  Currently not connected QinQ fiber.  The fiber is available just haven't done it yet.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At the spoke site, what does the two fibres run into?

Each of the two main sites have a MS410 with fiber sfps. Used as a fiber aggregator.  Each site has two fibers terminating into the MS410.  The MS410 is then Uplinked to the MX100. 

Each spoke site the fibers terminate to a stacked cisco 3580 layer 2 switch.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels