I need Meraki MX Enterprise licenses for two years

Solved
LeoAri
Comes here often

I need Meraki MX Enterprise licenses for two years

I need Meraki MX Enterprise licenses for two years because some MX are about to expire, reviewing there are only 1 year and 3 years, can I buy 2 1 year licenses and add them into a single device?

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So you need to buy a 3 years license.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nope, 

How much does an Enterprise Cloud license cost?

License prices vary for each product line. For example, a one-year wireless license list price is $150 and a three-year switch license list price is $400. Licenses are available for different time durations (1 day, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10 years).

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

But if I need a license for 2 years?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So you need to buy a 3 years license.

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

You could also buy 2x 1 year license, but create the start date in 1 year in the future for one of the licenses.
Depending on your sales partner this might or might not work.

The easiest solution would probably be to buy now a 1 year license and another one again next year.

It's still cheaper than the 3 year license, but the additional cost for the 3th year are much higher, if you want to extend it again.
E.g. LIC-MX67-ENT-1YR costs $343.20 GPL (686.40 for 2 years) and 3Y would be $772.70.
So there is just a difference of $86,30 for a third year. With discounts it's even less.

As @alemabrahao already said I would also go for the 3y license.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A three year license only costs twice a one year license, the third year is free.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels