How to see the devices and Ips that are connected to the MX?

Yonairo_Argu
Here to help

How to see the devices and Ips that are connected to the MX?

Is there any way to see what type of device is connected to a Meraki MX port? I am looking for a way, however, Meraki MX only shows me the active ports but does not allow me to see what devices are connected to that port. Or this management can only be observed in a direct and physical way?

Thanks

1.JPG

1 Reply 1
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It depends on what you're looking for.

If you're looking for clients, you can find them under Network-Wide -> Clients, and sort by "connected to".

If you're looking to find LLDP information about connected devices from the MX's perspective, there's no way to find that in the GUI. However you can pull the information via the API. See the following thread.

View LLDP or CDP information on MX device - The Meraki Community

If you know it's connected to a Meraki switch and are just trying to identify which port, you can navigate to Switch -> Switch Ports and look at the table column CDP/LLDP for the MX (you might have to add the column using the spanner in the top right of the table). You can also use the search bar to filter on this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels