How to config by application or url

SOLVED
Knoxville90
Comes here often

How to config by application or url

Hello Community,

Do you know if is posible config internet trafic flow preferences with destination over Application/categories/url?. Example, connections to www.youtube.com use WAN1 and www.facebook.com use WAN2.

I´m using an Mx64  with firmware 17.10.2. I was reading documentation Internet flow preferences are src/dst IP/Port only.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Exactly as you found out, the SD-WAN Plus license enables you to have application-specific traffic shaping...which works incredibly well. 😉

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately not, just IP or CIDR.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Continuing with the search, I find that it is possible but using the Secure SD-WAN Plus licensing to have the SD-Internet feature. Which allows me traffic shapping by applications

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_MX_Security_and_SD-WAN_Lice...

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

is this correct?

It's new for me, because I've never seen a customer using a Secure SD-WAN Plus license. 🙂

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you for your help, we are looking this solution with a Meraki AM.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Exactly as you found out, the SD-WAN Plus license enables you to have application-specific traffic shaping...which works incredibly well. 😉

Thank you for your help, We are still waiting for the review with the AM of Meraki.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels