How to add another MX(without license) for Warm spare HA testing

Acepak1
Conversationalist

How to add another MX(without license) for Warm spare HA testing

I have already added one 64W in my organization. Please kindly let me know how can I add another MX(without license) for Warm spare HA testing

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Only one license is required for an HA pair. The warm spare unit does not require a separate license. Alerts for warm spare failover can be configured on the Alerts and Administration page.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MX_Warm_Spare_-_High_Availability_Pair

Didn't they talk about this at CMNA?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Understand that. However we still need to add warm spare unit into our organization on meraki dashboard and we also need to add that warm spare unit to the network. Let me know your advice on that as I don't have experience for this.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can see all the steps on the link that I shared with you.

😉

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Here https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MX_Warm_Spare_-_High_Availability_Pair#Dashboa...

Acepak1
Conversationalist

Thanks for your support. Really appreciate it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels