How do manage WAN uplinks for SSIDs using the Meraki AP assigned (NAT mode)?

SOLVED
Narinthorn
Comes here often

How do manage WAN uplinks for SSIDs using the Meraki AP assigned (NAT mode)?

Since our internal IP is consistent with the IP provided by Meraki (NAT mode), as far as I can imagine, like the image below. But the load balancing is not used to its full potential. I'm not sure if there is a better way. If I want SSID that gets IP from Meraki use internet from WAN2

Narinthorn_0-1678332806508.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If you mean the SSID is using NAT mode that means clients get 10.x.x.x/8 IPs and NAT to the mgmt IP of the AP they're connected to. So, the MX wouldn't see the client as a 10.x.x.x/8 IP but rather whatever the mgmt IP of the AP is.

If you're just trying to load balance outbound traffic just set the uplink load balancing to enabled. If you're trying to ping certain wireless traffic to WAN2 you should consider using bridge mode so the MX sees the real client source IP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If you mean the SSID is using NAT mode that means clients get 10.x.x.x/8 IPs and NAT to the mgmt IP of the AP they're connected to. So, the MX wouldn't see the client as a 10.x.x.x/8 IP but rather whatever the mgmt IP of the AP is.

If you're just trying to load balance outbound traffic just set the uplink load balancing to enabled. If you're trying to ping certain wireless traffic to WAN2 you should consider using bridge mode so the MX sees the real client source IP.

Hi @Ryan_Miles,

That means it's not possible if we use DHCP NAT mode. Thanks for the knowledge.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels